Friday, April 23, 2004

Meltdown & Drinking...

Ok not necessarily what you're thinking. This morning I was walking across campus and I passed a sign for I think Capture the Flag (or some equally odd college game) being played today. It made me think of Meltdown when we were in Alaska. Then I got all nostalgic... Like we got the day off of classes. I think we spent the morning cleaning up around the campus because of all the debris that suddenly becomes obvious once the snow melts. Then we played mud volleyball and I think we did bonfires (although the bonfire thing may have been in the fall)*. I remember, though, there was always a bbq at the commons and it was just a fun day. That got me to thinking, why don't we have days like this in real jobs? Not just random days off (although those are good too!), but days when the whole company just gets to play... Maybe in real places of employment that's the company picnic (but not at Homestore... :) Maybe it is because by the time we are adults, we don't really want to spend more hours with these people who share cubicle walls... I dunno. I just miss those days today.

*I just realized the bonfire thing WAS in the fall. Starvation Gulch. Another random day off of classes where we spent the day building bonfires and the night burning them... there were contests about the best bonfires and biggest etc. It was to commemorate when the campus tried to go dry some time in the past but then that was repealed. (Although I could be making that up too...)

Drinking: Last night, against my better judgement, I went out drinking. Why was this against my better judgement you ask, because well, I really am a TV geek and I wanted to watch Friends. I figured I'd be home in time. At 8:15 when it dawned on me to check the time, it was obviously too late, so I just continued drinking. V and I played darts (REALLY BADLY!) and trivia (strangely also fairly badly). Then our friend Matt showed up and we played darts alltogether. Then some trannies (transvestites) showed up and V & Matt played darts with them and I got to chat with a lovely queen from Manhatten. He was in town for a wedding and apparently had a panty fetish. He kept trying to buy them from these guys for like 50 bucks. None of them took him up on it... that's the part I found odd. Hell, you want my undies for 50 bucks! I NEED the money... I'll toss em to ya... (you know unless it is that laundry day when I'm wearing the worst ones I own with the holes and other problems... then I might be too embarrassed). The coolest part of the evening was when I ran into my friend Shannon. I haven't seen him since some time last year. He looked very geeky, but also somewhat hot. He had put on weight and it looked good on him (to me at least since you know how i am about big boys...). He is not doing that fabu though... living at home, working at pottery barn blah blah blah. Poor guy. It was good to see him and chat though, and as all gay boys are prone to do... I love me some flattering and he gives it to me so that's always nice. :) Finally crashed at midnight... 5:30 came EARLY this morning... but I did go to the gym. :D

No comments: