Friday, April 23, 2004

Spam

1 - I received the following email today in my hotmail junk email box. (I check the junk email because I have the screener set to highest so anyone who isn't in my address book is dumped in there and I've periodically missed friend emails who hadn't yet been added to the address book).
To _Vverification of your [Email] adress click on_the_link :

http://go.msn.com/HML/6/1.asp?target=H%54%74P:%2f%2fdfj33ytah%2Ed%41.R%55/?m6s9jbTpN0rnJcMrwLeUlOEHed1e9hjt2

and submit on the_ little window_ _your Citi--bank _ATM_ Card number and CARD
PIN
that you use on_the local _Atm-Machine_.

mOmA2X7O8P 1p6g0wt2gwz 1d9j2h408p0a 955q4q yd9 1z7a6n273ib 1NAdFxk


Seriously, who do they think this is going to fool? And I guess the sad part is that there actually will be people who won't disregard the weird spacing and the spelling on verification and the fact that the address isn't from Citibank. Sigh.

No comments: