Friday, April 30, 2004

Nostalgia

This spring has made me rather nostalgic for college. I'm not actually sure why. I'm sure spending all my days on a college campus are part of it, but since I temped here 2 years ago, I don't recall feeling this much nostalgia then... Today as I was walking through the student center after picking up some breakfast (sad isn't it that I've started eating this much institutional food again), I saw a sign for Mariners tickets for the students to all go to a game. It totally reminded me of Hockey and how we'd all climb into the UAF busses and then go enjoy a game. The tricky part was always the ride home. Since they took multiple trips to the game, I'm sure they made multiple trips home but who wants to wait around for that 2nd or 3rd shuttle? So as many of us would fill this bus as possible and we would be smashed into it like sardines. Then the driver would leave with the bus windows fogging over and the roads icy. I swear I'm amazed we were never in a tragic bus accident. Those were good times!

No comments: