Friday, April 16, 2004

Dream Analysis

That isn't too bad at all. How come you get all the good dreams?

Last night I dreamt about my purple parka from when I lived in Alaska. (It was a reversable coat and I never wore the purple side out). The sleeves were frayed like they are now and it was being worn by, yes the yeti. I think he has made a sudden reappearance beacuse I saw him Wed. He was all gone from my dreams until then... Dreammoods.com doesn't really have much to say on THIS ex-boyfriend dream since all he was doing was wearing my purple parka and being really cold (I think the cold part is because I was FREEZING in my bedroom last night), but talks about coats etc:

Coats: To see or wear a coat in your dream, symbolizes your protectiveness and defensive persona. You may be isolating yourself. Consider also the color, appearance, and type of coat for additional significance.

To dream that a coat is old, worn, or shabby, then it suggests that you are feeling down on yourself. (I'm not 100% sure that I agree with this one only because in my dream the coat was as shabby as it is presently so it was actually a good representation of my coat.)

Cold: To dream that you are cold, indicates that you are experiencing a breakthrough in some area in your life. Alternatively, you may be feeling isolated. You sense of coldness could reflect your feelings about that person. The dream may also occur as a result of your immediate environment in which you are really feeling cold. (My bedroom... freezing since the window is way open and I was under like 3 blankets last night)

Purple: Purple is indicative of devotion, healing abilities, loving, kindness, and compassion. It is also the color of royalty, high rank, and dignity.

Interesting, yet hmm... I don't know that I agree about any of these. :D

No comments: