Thursday, April 08, 2004

Firestarter Rekindled, Joanne's Conundrum et al.

Ok -

Firestarter Rekindled
I watched this movie last night. I got sucked into it on the Sci Fi Channel. I was only going to watch for a few minutes until the 7:30 Friends came on, but I got sucked in. I liked it and didn't like it. :) I kinda liked knowing what happened to Charlie so many years later (what Drew Barrymore too popular now to replay this part... prolly I guess maybe too old?) But the continuity between the original Firestarter and this one was wrong and that bugged. For example, Charlie's dad dies in a completely different way in Rekindled than he did in the original. Just little stuff. I also didn't understand how the rainbird character killed those people with his stick thing that he would stick into their heads... It didn't look pointy like an ice pick and would break off. I know that he stuck it in places that had soft tissue... (by the jaw I think) but it takes a lot of force to stick something and break the skin, so how did he do it? Especially with the boyfriend, Vincent... He wasn't even holding on to Vincent, just was standing next to him with the thing against his head.. Ok so it wasn't that great, but still... I like movies where things blow up. :D

Joanne's Conundrum
So now that I've been given official letter of handslap because of my IM usage and failure to work to her specifications, I am conundrumed. Part of me really wants to just give up. I am no longer happy here. I don't make enough money to put up with this bs. And, yeah, I'll cop to screwing up, but give me a freaking break. It is only because I'm SOOO bored that I do little to no work. And there is little to do. Shouldn't my job be at least interesting or challenging or something? The more logical part of me says... dumbass it took you forever to find this job. Just stick it out. You'll never have it this cush again... (37 hr work weeks, holidays etc...) of course if I have no money, what good is it for me to have all these holidays? :) So the smarter part is saying stick it out 2 months. Then she goes on mat leave. Then she'll come back 1/2 time and given that she wants to be a stay at home mom, I doubt that will even last that long. Then see what happens... That's the most smartest answer. :D

No comments: