Thursday, May 27, 2004

It is a mystery

Those of you with children, or who know children, or have had interactions with children or even seen them in public know that the red juice children drink is the most indelible stain known to man. NASA should study this crap. NOTHING gets it out. You see a kid with a pink shirt, it wasn't originally pink, the kid spilled red juice on it and instead of trying to get the stain out, the mom (or dad) just dyed the whole thing to match the stain. You can imagine, then, my dismay when I noticed leaving Brownies Tuesday evening that I had red juice all over the sleeve of my WHITE work cardigan. Damn I thought. I'm not even drinking red juice, one of the kids must've gotten me. So I gamely go home and rinse the sleeve still seeing the pink as I let it dry. I figure I'll take the new Clorox Bleach Pen (TM) to it on Sunday when I do laundry and hope for the best. When I got up Wednesday morning, a miracle had occurred. I liken this to weeping statues or the face of the Virgin Mary appearing in the mold in my fridge... the stain was GONE. How did it happen? I don't know... Even more surprising, as I looked over my sweater, I noticed a spot I had previously missed. Well, I thought, it worked once before. So I rinsed that section. This morning... all stains gone. It is a mystery.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

What the hell kind of water do you have in Seattle? I wouldn't be drinking that stuff if I were you.