Friday, May 21, 2004

Workout & Weekend

Wahoo! I'm starting to get that whole exercise endorphines thing. I did my usual elliptical trainer this morning. I managed to stay in the high 150s low 160s the entire time (that's strides/min). I think this is the first time I hovered so high. Like I've managed high 140s low 150s but I crap out on the 150s pretty quickly. I am very pleased. My coworker Jessica and I have been doing this for the past 6 months. People claim they can tell I'm working out. I can't. In any event, I feel better. Now if I could only get up that damn hill! (I think I've mentioned it before but I live on top of a hill and the university I work at is at the bottom so there is this one hill I walk home most every day and by the time I get to the top I want to DIE... someday I will conquer it!) Ooh... and my calves are feeling better. I am making a much more conscious effort to stretch before and after the workout so that they stop cramping up all the time. Life is good!

I think I want to go to the zoo this weekend. Maybe if I clean in the morning, I'll reward myself and go. I like the zoo. I know, I'm 5. I'm also going to the grand opening of the over 100 million dollar library. Why, since I'm philosophically opposed to it, would I go one might wonder? Well since it is built, there's nothing I can do about it now. And there might be free food! :) Plus I've got books to return and since that is now my main library they have to go back there.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Good for you for sticking with the work out for six months. I am sure people can tell you have been working out. You just can't tell because the change has been gradual. I am sure I won't recognize you the next time I see you.