Saturday, May 08, 2004

Letter Carriers' Food Drive

I just got back from unloading trucks of food for the letter carriers' food drive. I am REALLY tired and a bit sore. It was just me and this other guy at the main Seattle downtown branch. He was the guy who actually works for Food Lifeline. He was kinda cute and since it was just he and I we talked a lot. It was fun... So the weirdest thing that we unpacked to put into the totes (huge boxes) was a bag with these two items: fried nori and blue marshmellow bunny peeps. That's it. Now I'm going to have to go figure out what nori is. :) According to my friends at dictionary.com Nori is: An edible, dried preparation of red algae of the genus Porphyra. And now that 'm thinking about it, I remember in one of my books from childhood about a girl in Japan, she ate Nori for lunch one day. Well, you learn something new every day.

One other random thing, I opened a gmail account. You can email me at joanne3482@gmail.com.

No comments: