Sunday, May 23, 2004

New Library

So I field tripped down to the new library today. A few things I noticed. Yes the building is beautiful. Very unique and the views from the upper floors are amazing. However, two other things I noticed... It is HOT in the building. It isn't yet that hot outside, I fear what this may mean for the future... Maybe it was so hot because of the sheer number of people who were there and I'm sure there won't be that many people in there at one time in the future. Second, I was down in the children's area and there are these very mod columns made from cement. The first thing I noticed about these... the edges are sharp. I wonder how long it will take a kid in the CHILDREN'S area no less to bang into one and injur themselves. The floor on the 1st floor is very cool. It is wood with all sorts of words inlayed. They are in a variety of languages and for all I know it may actually be one sentence but I didn't investigate that closely. In my chucks I can feel the texture on the bottoms of my feet. (That's a bad sentence I realize)

No comments: