Friday, May 14, 2004

Negative Sense of Direction

Hello, My name is Joanne, and I have a negative sense of direction. I can tell this because when I walk past people downtown, they seem to stop and get confused for a moment. Once I'm out of range, they seem to be able to resume their trek to their destination. I can get lost WITH a map and a person who knows the city. I can never give directions since I never have any clue of what the road names are. Tonight I had a meeting about 4 blocks from the Seattle Center (Space Needle for those of you out of towners) and since I was running completely late, I decided to walk there instead of catching the bus or taking the monorail figuring walking would be quicker. Here's where ideas obviously sound better in my head than they are in real life. I begin my wandering... zig zagging up and down streets going in the general direction of the Space Needle. It is nice to have a landmark that HUGE to walk towards so hypothetically I know where I'm going. Eventually I walk past a bank clock... 7:15 crap I'm already 15 min late and not anywhere near the Seattle Center yet. Keep walking... and walking... finally get my bearings and realize that I've overshot where I needed to go and double back... I head up this other road and realize that actually I didn't need to double back, if I had just continued down Aurora I would've found what I was looking for. Sigh. FINALLY I get to the meeting about 45 minutes late. It was probably the best Service Unit meeting I've been to in months. :D

I've just made these chocolate chip muffins. They look beautiful. I'm hoping that they are as yummy as they look.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

You and my husband both. He hung up on me last night when I laughed because he had called me for directions around the valley for the third time since leaving work. I wonder if there is a support group for you two.

TIMMY! said...

Don't worry....I get lost all the time, and they still gave me an ambulance license...muahahaha