Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Gym & Other random thoughts

Wahoo! I was at the gym for some unknown reason at 6:40 (usually I get there 6:55ish). That gave me my 30 min workout on the elliptical trainer and then I did a bunch of weight lifting. I did that stupid Roman chair thing and managed to do 10 leg lifts, fell off, but the exciting part... 10 more before I fell off again. Then 5 then 5. But I am finding that I can hold myself up for a little bit longer each time before falling like a complete idiot. :) This makes me happy. It also makes me happy that I've been blogging my exercise periodically so I can actually see how far I've come... from barely doing the elliptical trainer for 20 min at 120 strides/min to now 30 at 160+ strides/min. I know my goal is to get up to 40 min on it, but I still have to consult with my physician about some other asthma issues and now since my regular medication is coming up soon I figure I should just combine the two visits.

So the high drama this weekend was a fire on the monorail when it was full of people. Keep in mind this is the first fire since it was built in the 60s. Now I'm sure for those on the monorail this was a nightmare, but all things considered only 8 people were treated for smoke inhalation and 1 firefighter got a knee injury. All were seen in the hospital and released that day. Now of course, people are starting to question the new monorail being built. The most annoying part is the headline on the Seattle Times this morning "Fire Marshall says new monorail should have catwalk." Why this annoys me... they've been saying for a while now that it would in case anything happens. It has been discussed ad nauseum in the papers since the fire that the new monorail would have a catwalk to ensure the safety of the passengers. This isn't NEWS.

No comments: