Sunday, June 06, 2004

Li'l of this li'l of that

First thought of the evening, what's the point of having a "remember me" box for blogger to automatically log me in when it doesn't work half the time?

While walking home from a meeting early this afternoon, I walked behind one of the most unusual sights in my recent memory. No this wasn't a punk with pink hair, I see that all the time. This wasn't a guy covered from head to toe in tattoos... I frequently see that too. :) Nope, today's was these two visibly older gentlemen walking ahead of me up the road. Why were they unusual you may wonder? They were decked from head to toe in cowboy garb. Serious cowboy garb. Cowboy hat, bandana around the neck, plaid flannel shirt, brown leather vests, jeans and boots. They looked as though they stepped off the sidewalk in Tombstone (which since I used to live just 15 min from there I've seen 'real' cowboys.)

Encampment in t-5 days and counting. Am I starting to panic? Oh yes... I just want the kids to have fun and the adults to be reasonably useful... Is this too much to ask? Given that it is 5 days until the camping trip and I just called one of the leaders to confirm their attendence since apparently they couldn't do it before May 13th when I sent the confirmation request, apparently it will be. (phew one giantass runon sentence.) This year, we don't have the usual troop that does the cooking so we have a quantity cook coming from outside, I'm going to have to call on a lot of parents to help out in the kitchen with dishes and prep cooking. Yuck. And YIKES! Of course some of these troops are bringing 10 adults to their 10 girls. They can spare a few parent volunteers I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a real cowboy...but I have seen leather chaps without the pants underneath in S.F. sadly.

~ timmy (can't remember my pw)

Unknown said...

Crap, Joanne. How long have you lived in this city? Those cowboys have been wandering around here for years. They're like the Space Needle, only mobile.

(Read into that whatever you'd like.)