Friday, June 04, 2004

Memory & Me

So I have one of those types of memories that can't forget certain things. Typically when I meet a person, if I run into them again I will remember not only meeting them, but usually their name and sometimes where & through whom I met them. This would seem like not a bad thing, except sometimes I remember random people I haven't officially met but have seen several times. There's this guy I keep seeing around capitol hill that I've never met so all I know is his face. Strangely he is one of those people I can't remember why I know his face so it is just his face and me thinking... I know this guy who the fuck is he? Contrary to this face memory, I forget sometimes important things or common things. I spent 3 hours the other morning trying to figure out the word fire hydrant. I kept thinking I know that's a fire plug... but there's another word. I finally had to ask a coworker and she laughed at me.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

I am laughing at you, too. I would never forget anything having to do with firefighters.