Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Recognition

My brownies are sooooo funny sometimes. One of my little Brownies came in tonight and she hands me a paper and asks me why I needed the collage. I of course have no idea what she is talking about and the moms and other girls are hissing her name and trying to get her attention so that she isn't pointing out that they are planning something that will probably make me cry. So she keeps bringing stuff up and the others are trying to stop her. And of course I have to play stupid so that they can surprise me. Then the moms ask if we can have next week's meeting outside at the park area. And I said sure. They are bringing treats. They are so sweet, but this will mortify me I'm sure. I really get uncomfortable when people make a big deal about me. There is also a barbecue scheduled on the 21st for the service unit where they will recognize various things. I do not want to go to this, since one of the things they will recognize is Encampment Director. This too will mortify me.

4 comments:

TIMMY! said...

I don't think I could handle a brownie group...I'd just have them make home made bongs or something.

Joanne said...

Glad to see you remembered your password! Someday Curly Top will want to join a group or a team that will require your involvement. You will learn to make cute things like friendship bracelets and lanyards and any other little 'cute' thing she needs help with.

TIMMY! said...

Oh My Gaaaawd.

I just hope she doesn't make me any crappy gifts. Her mom better give her money to buy me something nice.

Joanne said...

Just for that, I hope Curly top makes you beautiful pictures. When you say "Oh what a cute puppy." She'll look up at you and in all honesty say "Oh no, daddy, that's not a puppy. That's a pony with you riding it. Don't you see the sunset and you're smiling..." And you will have to pretend that it is the best picture ever and hang it on the refrigerator door.