Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Practical Jokes

Last night's episode on Friends was the one where Rachel teaches Ben to do pratical jokes and Ross gets all pissy and mad. He kept going on about how he hated pratical jokes and they are mean spirited. It got me thinking. I totally agree with that, I hate pratical jokes. I hate them a lot. I think that the reason people like Ross and me hate them is because we were tricked a lot as kids and never quite devious or quick enough to come up with a good one to retaliate with. I think if I were devious enough in school, I wouldn't hate them as much today.

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I hate practical jokes, too, but I wan't tricked a lot as a kid. I hate them because I don't like to be the center of attention and I certainly don't like to be the center of attention when I am being made to look like an idiot.

Joanne said...

Yeah there's that aspect for me as well too. I am terrified about ever getting married because the thought of a party just about me (oh yeah and husband)makes me want to vomit.

Peeved Michelle said...

No one pays that much attention to you at your wedding. They are just there for the free booze. That is why an open bar is a must-have, lest the angry mob turn on you and leave with their presents in hand.