Monday, September 26, 2005

Be envious

Oh my Voltaire!, sometimes I am a good cook. I went on a baking binge tonight and made 2 things, one of which I have tried. The first, brownies. I've made them before. They usually are good, I'm not expecting anything different. The batter was especially yummy. :) The other was to take the muffin mix I usually use and doctor it a little bit. This time I made it into a cake form, like a coffee cake. I used cinnamon apple sauce and then mixed in more cinnamon and walnuts and then baked it in a round cake pan instead of a bunch of muffin tins. I just had a slice of it. Hot damn is it yummy. Now if only I had a hubby to do the dishes for me... or to make enough money so that between us we can afford a dishwasher. :) Or best... a maid. :) (Except I think having a maid goes against my dirty hippie tendencies, but to never have to mop my floor again, I might suppress that tendency.)

In other random news, I was watching Best Week Ever on VH1. They claim that Wal-Mart will start selling sex toys. That's so creepy and weird. They don't let NC17 movies be sold there. They don't sell the rated M for Mature video games. They only carry edited musical CDs, yet somehow if I'm looking for the latest vibrator, I can pick it up there along with my shampoo and deoderant. Of course since I never shop at Wal-Mart, now that I live in a state with the blessed store known as Fred Meyer, this isn't a concern. Especially considering I can just go into any one of at least 4 shops near my house. (Which is in itself slightly weird to me.)

6 comments:

kyra said...

Hi Joanne! Congratulations on what sounds like a wonderful concoction. I just meandered over to your blog after seeing that you live in Seattle. I moved here about 6 mo. ago and am still settling in. Will be back again soon to read more!

gonebabygone said...

Dude! What the hell!? Walmart won't even sell Cosmo!

Kate the Peon said...

Ah, but they do sell cigarettes.

Peeved Michelle said...

Don't get a housekeeper. No, do get a housekeeper. No, don't!

I am this close to firing the housekeeper. I think we are going to need that extra $110/month.

Putnawa said...

There are at least five stores near your house, love, not four.

When I lived in Cambridge we had a housekeeper that came in once a week. It was glorious. Sadly, when my landlord/roommate lost his job we had to scale back and we lost the housekeeper. It wasn't a disaster, but I still miss it.

Joanne said...

I said at least... I figured there were probably more that I am not thinking of... But now I'm curious where the other one is. (And not in an I'd like to go visit it way). I was thinking of the crypt, the castle, babes and the one down by Pike Place that's on the 2nd or 3rd floor of a rather run down looking building, and would probably be the least likely one that I would ever enter because it seems to be fairly skeevy.