Saturday, September 10, 2005

Familial Communication Challenge

Yesterday evening a fuse blew in my apartment. The fuse box is in my apartment so I could see the one I needed to replace. This morning I decided to pick up a new fuse at a hardware store up on 12th. BGQ called to pick me up because I had his stuff from his office in my office and he was going to get it. While I was waiting for him, I called my dad to see if there was anything I needed to worry about when replacing the fuse. Here's the conversation I had with the person who picked up the phone.

Me: Hey, pop around?
Answerer: Huh?
Me: (a bit confused now) Our dad, is he around?
Her: Mmm... I think you have the wrong number.
Me: Hmm... Is this Mandy's house?
Her: Ooohh Yes. You must be her sister, this is Katrina, her friend.
Me: Ooohhh, you sounded just like my sister. So are my parents around?
Her: No. They went back to Arizona.
Me: Oh. Okay.
Her: I'm sorry, they didn't tell you... they went home. That's so weird.
Me: Not really actually.
Her: So weird... they went back Tuesday they definitely should be there by now.
Me: Okay thanks. I'll try them at home.
Her: That's so weird that they didn't tell you, I'm sorry...
Me: No probl. Thanks.
*click*
Heh. So I guess my mother is done hiding from the lawyers. I like how I get to know these things.

No comments: