Friday, September 23, 2005

Dreams, do come true...

Or I hope they don't actually. I had a dream last night that I was evacuating the city. I was on foot, and I vaguely remember walking with a lot of other people. I think I was trying to help some too. There was a flood coming, but hadn't reached us yet. At one point I was walking on my street but I think I eventually ended up on the freeway in a car but we were all stopped. Now every logical fiber in my body says, well duh, the last thing you watched before going to bed last night was... the news which had a thing about all the people stuck in their cars in Texas trying to evacuate and running out of gas while stuck on the freeways, so obviously this is just your mind working that stuff out. But just for kicks, I checked with the dream dictionary. Usually I use Dreammoods.com, but after a particularly disappointing interpretation from them when I thought the dream was really positive, Matty suggested I try another source. I did but none of them had the word evacuation so back to dreammoods I go.

Evacuation: To dream of an evacuation, suggests that you are isolating yourself and holding back your emotions.
To dream that you are in a town that has been evacuated, indicates that you are feeling rejected by those around you. You are feeling unaccepted.

Flood: To see a raging flood with its muddy debris, signifies that you will have much unsettling occurrences and tribulations in life. Your repressed emotions may be overwhelming you.

In case you care, the dream that I had that I thought was positive was about my wedding. I was dreaming that I was having my hair done and getting ready to be married.

Wedding: To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. Dreams involving weddings are generally negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. It often refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Alternatively, wedding dreams reflect your issues about commitment and independence.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

That's just dumb.