Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Boring gym stuff...

I do the boring gym stuff mostly for me so that I can look back and see some progress... you dear reader, can read or not at least I title it so you know what you're getting. :)

Lately I've been feeling rather blah. A little glum... grumpy etc. I'm wondering if it isn't at least in part because I'm seriously slacking at the gym. Last week I think I made it 2 days. This week, I only went this morning. Skipped yesterday. Now that Brownies is starting again I will be skipping Wednesday (because brownie crap & gym crap is too much crap to carry to work). So 4 mornings a week should be good for me. This morning I did both weights and cardio. I was very pleased to discover that I could do most of my usual arm exercises with my right arm. There was only one that made me almost cry in too much pain. It was one where I take the weights and bend at the elbow and then bring the elbows back towards each other. The 10lb weight was bad... very bad. I changed to a 5 lb weight in my right arm and it was much better. I was also pleased that I could still do my 30 leg lifts on the Roman Chair. I expected because I still can't put weight on my elbow like on the bed (you know like leaning on one arm) I wouldn't be able to do this, but I think it is due to the difference in the weight distribution and the angle and all that. Finally my favorite elliptical trainer opened up and I managed 20 min and a 5 min cool down. I spent the entire workout in the high 160's mid 170's. I was wiped out when done. I think I need to check my heart rate. Maybe I should ask for a heart rate monitor for Christmas. I'm considering taking up running... What's wrong with me? I also am asking for a Yoga tape for Christmas. I think that will be good, but I'm going to check a few out from the library to see if I like it or not.

No comments: