Thursday, October 21, 2004

Major bummer (with a touch of relief)

Tonight was the call in for our Girl Scout Service Unit's encampment lottery where we were trying to get a camp site for our spring encampment. No such luck. There were 54 service units in the lottery. There are only 3 camps and 11 weekends to hold encampments. Do the math... 33 possible camp/weekends. We were #52 in the lottery. We had no prayer. I feel really sad for my girls. They really want to go camping again this year. We are waitlisted in case troops cancel we could have their spot but like 13+ troops would have to cancel for us to have a shot. So no encampment this year. The tiny bit of relief... I said that I would not necessarily be encampment director again this year (after last year's encampment drama) and that I had to consult with my brownie moms to get their views since that affects them and their experience at camp. I suspect, though, that since I said I'd do the lottery, I was goin to end up being the director so, this does mean I'm off the hook. I may look into taking just the girls camping, although since the cabins freaked the moms out, I'm pretty sure tents... may drive them over the edge. :)

No comments: