Saturday, October 09, 2004

Dreaming of people past...

I woke up this morning after having a dream full of people I went to high school with. It was only after I really woke up that I realized the signifigance of some of the people. It started out with me walking by my home. There was a big wash we had to walk through to go to school every day. I walked through that and turned down the next road to go toward my old elementary school when 3 boys walked up to me. They were Elson, Jason & Heath. When I was in elementary school, I had a huge crush on Elson, middle school Jason and high school Heath. (Unrelated note I used to have a recurring dream about Heath, a tow-headed son and me at an amusement park. I found out much later that Heath really did have a tow-headed son and he and the wife divorced... it was kind of a weird discovery). Suddenly I'm walking through the town's mall (mall being VERY generous a term. It is very small). In the mall are all these people I went to high school with. I needed a ride home and agreed to catch one with Nicky (who I went on what was probably my 1st date with in the 8th grade... according to my friend Jason he was at our high school reunion with his 'partner.' I'm not traumatized though, there were a lot of girls between a simple date in the 8th grade and gay boy, although interesting to note, even back then I was friends with the gays... ). So Nicky and Joe (who is the 1st person in the dream with no significance except we went to elementary through high school together) and I climb into Nicky's car which is a camaroish type. I end up in the back seat even though I'm much taller than Joe and it was kind of assy of him to make me ride in the back and we leave to take Joe home first. I'm not actually sitting on a seat because the seats are folded down. We drop Joe off in this area way out of town and for some reason I'm not able to climb into the front seat. So I'm still in back, Nicky and I are talking and for some reason he is driving backwards down the highway. (Highway being relative it isn't like the 5 freeway but more like the tiny highways that little towns have that make up the way in & out of it) Of course we run into a cop who pulls us over and I manage to fix the seat so that I'm sitting in a proper seat (but I'm sitting sideways like the seats in the back of the older extended cab trucks) with a seat belt on so Nicky won't get into trouble. The cop wants all sorts of info from me and I refuse to give it to him because I wasn't the one driving backwards.

Some prominent themes that I can find interpretations to:

Car: To dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. Whether you are driving the car or a passenger, is indicative of of your active role or passive role in your life. If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence. Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life.

Crush: To dream about a former crush, refers to that particular period in your life and what you were feeling. The former crush represents a point in time when you first had the crush on that person.

Mall: To dream that you are at the mall, represents your attempts in making a favorable impression on someone. The mall is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads, and/or the latest technology.

Police: To dream that you are pulled over by the police, suggests that you need to slow down and take things down a notch.

Old Friends: To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult.

Any thoughts y'all?

No comments: