Sunday, October 24, 2004

Tacos for my benny...

To paraphrase my idol Margaret Cho, 'When I said I wanted to be surrounded by beautiful boys, I should've been more specific.' I am just getting home from drinking with the boys. Really I think tacos are just an excuse for drinking... actually that's backwards... tacos are just an damn! Backwards again... drinking is just an excuse for tacos. I love tacos. I may love tacos as much as Timmy! loves tamales. Although I'm pretty sure I don't love tacos in the same way Timmy! loves tomatoes. Mostly I think he is kidding about that but secretly I fear he may be serious... We got our pre-drink on at V's before going out. Then I went to R Place. I ran into my favorite straight bartender (okay technically the only straight bartender I know so he has to be my favorite right?). He is yummy and I would so fuck him but... (in a random completely unrelated note, can someone explain to me the inexplicable allure of Girls Gone Wild? I don't get it. It is just boobies. Every other adult in the country has them... it isn't like you see 'cocks gone wild' advertised on TV. Why? Apparently either men are prudes or women just don't think cocks are pretty. I think the latter is the case.) Back to the topic at hand. So V and I went to R Place. We played darts and hung out with my boy Daniel and his new boy Adam. Adam is geeky cute. When did I start thinking geeky was cute. Never mind... I know when it started. Damn yeti. He periodically reappears in my head when I'd rather he didn't. I'd rather think about tacos. Tacos for my benny. So after V got bored at RPlace we headed to Madison pub. This is not my favorite bar because I really don't know anyone there. I know a lot of boys at RPlace. I do like Madison Pub better than The Cuff. The Cuff is like a leather bar. I've been there twice and neither time did I feel comfortable. The 1st time I was with V and it was before I actually moved up here. Here's what I remember... having to take a ginormous doc martin attached to the ladies' bathroom key to the bathroom and a man wearing rope for pants. He had a red bandana covering his naughty bits but the rest of his 'pants' was like rope macrame. The 2nd time I went... I went with this deaf guy and his 2 buddies from Canada. I don't know how that happened except I understand and remember more sign language when I'm less sober than sober. Again, wandered off topic. We were at Madison Pub. We were chatting with a few boys around us. Some of whom were cuties and V of course found himself a hottie. To paraphrase Margaret Cho again... 'when a gay boy meets a man when you're with him out at a bar it is like 'You can get your own ride home.' I had to get my own ride home. Ok really I walked. You have to love a city where a girl can stagger home alone and not really worry (or maybe that's a problem I SHOULD worry). I did almost get picked up on my way home, but really? A guy I met while drunk on the street... That may actually be less good than picking one up in a bar. Besides, interrupting a dry spell with a one night stand really fucks you up. It is much easier to have a dry spell (or in my case the Sarah (I think I mean Sahara) Desert) and not fuck with it by having sex in the middle of it. After a long time you kind of forget and it isn't a big deal that you havent' had sex, but have it... and that's like all you can think about. You're starting the dry spell back over at the beginning. It is like bread products. It has been so long since I've had REAL wheat stuff I can't remember what REAL pizza or REAL white bread tastes like, but if I were to ever break the diet and eat it, I would want it all the time. Sex is the same way. I interrupted a long dry spell like 2 years ago with a one night stand. For like 2 months after all I could think about was doing it. (Other random note, for those of you who are Seattleites I am so voting yes on proposition I 85 or I 95 I've already forgotten which one it is... I'm only doing it because I totally hate the woman who is doing the advertisement against it.) Other random note, I am so confused by baseball. I thought it was done by now. I must go to bed now. I have to attempt to be up around 6:30ish to do laundry and hopefully not be hungover as hell. Since I had 5 drinks tonight (compared to my usual 2) I may be in trouble.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

That is some kind of drunk. And, for the record, boobies are pretty and dicks are ugly. It is as simple as that.