Monday, October 25, 2004

Scary Halloween Story...

So I'm sitting here at my desk eating my lunch when suddenly, out of nowhere a random memory from Alaska surfaces in my brain. This is a tale... about a boy and his dick shark. (You know if you say that enough in your head it is kind of funny... try it you'll agree). Michelle, V (my alluring gay boy), Matty P, Kate in Vermont and I all went to the same college in Alaska. Fairbanks Alaska. I promise you, Fairbanks is where the weirdos live. Kate, I'm pretty sure, has countless tales about the wacos she met, because somehow they found a kindred spirit in her. Like the woman who thought she was still married and could move into married student housing because "They haven't found the body yet." But that's another story for another time. The person I'm thinking of was Travis (I think). Travis was a geek or nerd or maybe a mixture of both. He made Screech and Urkel look hot. Luckily, for the female population at least, Travis was also gay. Although V frequently exclaimed that they were going to revoke his membership. Travis had a keychain/coin purse in the shape of a longish shark with a mouth that zippered open to hold coins. His dick shark. Now whether or not he actually shall we say used his keyring for anything other than keys and pocket change, I have never wanted to know. Luckily this was before my current level of fruitflyness so he never overshared that little detail. Why did this memory suddenly appear in my head. Damn I wish I knew. Hell, I wish I knew what part of the brain that little tid bit was stored in so I could gouge it out. I have a pen I could do that.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Wasn't Travis possibly developmentally disabled? Not that that makes your story and less funny or disturbing. I just thought he was literally retarded.

Kate the Peon said...

Dick shark - that's just plain funny, even the first time around!