Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cute new hair!

My hair had gotten too long and I was tired of it so I made an appointment at the Gary Manuel teaching salon. Isa goes there all the time and vouched for them. Plus they are fancy pants, so I'd be getting a fancy pants haircut at a cut rate. :) I showed up for my 9:00 AM appointment and it was like nothing I could've imagined. The reception area was crowded with people checking in and there was a fairly long line of women and men dressed all in black waiting to whisk their client off for their services. I hadn't expected it to be so big. My stylist was Bethany and she was rather interesting to talk to. She is going to school because she wants to be a Hollywood make up artist/hair stylist. We chatted quite a bit about why she was there and what her plans were. It was interesting. We had a lot of time since she was doing coloring and between each step she had to get an instructor for approval. I really liked what she did and since I was rather vague I think that's even better. I basically said to take off a foot so I could donate it and then I wanted something fairly simple that would look good and doesn't require a lot of work on my part. And that's what she did. :) I am a tiny bit concerned about the color but only because she had to do 2 different shades/intensities, one on my roots which hadn't ever been dyed and one on the upper part. That's what her instructor told her to do and I'm sure the upper part (which seems very bright compared to the lower part) will fade in the next day or so. I was amazed by the instructor, she asked what type of color I used before and of course since I got it done at a salon I had no idea, but she nailed it almost exactly when I got it done. It was kind of like when you talk to a sales associate at one of the hoity toity stores and they can tell you your size. (I'm simple I admit it. ) ) All in all, though, I love my new cut. It is very flowy and although it is shorter than I think I went last time, it is still long enough for me to put up the sides and have it cute, or like today and put it up in a little tiny pony tail when hanging out at home. (OK Blogger is doing that stupid thing where it won't post pics so I'll try with another post)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see pics! It's always so much fun when you let someone else decide what to do and it turns out great!