Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dilemma

Here's a dilemma and I'm wondering y'alls opinion.

You and some friends are going hiking. You park at a trail head and there are signs around saying you need a parking permit to park, but you do not see an obvious place to pay and get one. You go about your merry way and do your hiking thing. When you come back to your car you see a warning issued by the forest service. This is not a ticket like a police ticket but they do provide you with an envelope to send the $5.00 parking cost to them. It does not appear that there would be repurcussions if you do not pay. Do you:

A - Not pay. Why should you? It isn't a ticket.
B - Pay. Even though it isn't a real ticket, you still pay because the money benefits the trails blah blah blah.
C - Intend to pay but forget about it and find it like 2 months later mixed amongst the bills.

8 comments:

Chicken said...

I would pay it even if I find it 2 months later. They depend on the permit funds and can't really install machines at every trail. We bought a NW forest pass for the whole year because we kept forgeting to stop at the ranger station when we would go out on hikes.

... said...

I would pay no matter what...ditto on what Chicken said, we ended up just getting the pass and we have one for National Parks too...much easier and we go so much that it saves us money too.

Peeved Michelle said...

C. I would pay it because I would have paid the parking fee if I had known how to do that at the time, but I would probably be forgetful and not remember to pay it immediately.

Joanne said...

My reality was C. I intended to pay it and took it with me but then forgot. I wrote a check this morning though to pay it. The people I was with, though, were of the opinion of A so I was just wondering if I were off or if they were.

Kate the Peon said...

I would so be C. And then, since it's only $5, I would probably pay it.

Unknown said...

I would think C, but then think, it's only $5, and then just not pay.

Jodi said...

I'd go ahead and pay. It's only $5 and it will benefit the trails. Better late than never, which is becoming somewhat of a sad motto in my life.

Robin said...

D. I'd go purchase a parking permit and consider the problem resolved.