Friday, August 18, 2006

Sunday adventure!

For this Sunday's adventure, I'm going to try something I've not tried before but am thinking about doing with my girls. I'm going letterboxing! This is similar to Mishka's hobby, geocaching, but it doesn't require a GPS. Some do require a compass, though and if I decide I like doing this type of adventure, I may invest in a compass. The first one I'm trying goes through downtown area and will send me to various plaques in the city. I'm kind of excited and I'll post pics of the adventure (but not of where the plaques themselves are because if someone else were to do it then I wouldn't want to ruin the adventure for them.)

1 comment:

... said...

Letterboxing can be fun...another one that is a variation of geocaching is one where you can swap paperbacks...unfortunately most of the paperbacks end up being trashy romance novels...but the idea is interesting I think.