Monday, August 21, 2006

Psychosomatic

In one of those little things that makes me weird, I've found that lately I frequently wonder if a fix to an irritant or issue is because I think it should fix it or if it really did the job. For example, my back was itching this morning and so I cut the tag out of my shirt. I felt pretty instantaneous relief so I started wondering, is it really better or is it better just because I think it should be. I think the boot is responsible for this new line of thought. Whenever I wear it I keep thinking, is it better because the boot is actually helping or is it better because I want it to believe it is helping. I don't know what to make of this new line of thought, but I don't especially like it and need to think about how to stop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what this means, but I have this strange idea that you can read my thoughts.

Robin said...

If you keep thinking so hard your brain will explode.