Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tales from the busline, or how Myspace isn't completely useless

I have several tales to tell. I'm just going to compile them into one really long post. I won't be offended if you don't read it all. Ok that's a lie I might be... :) Also not a tale, but how much do I love it when a DVD comes that has both wide-screen on one side and full on the other? Being a hold out I love full screen. I dislike the black bars.


Forgetful Jones - Firstly, apparently I should change my name to Forgetful Jones. I was so excited this morning to remember to bring an extra plastic bag to put my bathing suit in after water aerobics and liquid soap to wash the chlorine off. However compared to what I forgot today I may as well have given up on water aerobics today. I forgot my quarter for the locker. This was no big deal as I found a random wad of change in my pack. (Ok by random wad of change I mean 80 cents.) I forgot my comb for after class. Again no big deal, I have short hair now so I do the finger combing thing. Here's the big deal. I forgot my damn bus pass. I had the new pass for next year (September 06 - August 07) but not the one for now. I spoke to the bus driver and he let me on but I totally forgot about the going home part. So first I try to think of ways to obtain my additional needed 60 cents for the fare. First I go in and try to do a cash back thing at the 76 station. They don't let you do that. Then I figure I'll try the ATM. It only lets you take out 20 bucks at a time. I was hoping for one of those that does $5 options. So that's a non starter. Then I go back out and wait for the bus and hope for the nice driver. Luck was on my side and I got the nice driver who totally let me on so I could go home. Yay! :)

New Work Study - We're currently trying to hire a new work study student. Our old one went and got herself a TA position, the brat. :) So we interviewed one this afternoon. He was nice and what we need. Isa's checking her references. I hop off the bus after my swimming today and there are 3 gays walking down the street. Two in front and a 3rd trailing along. The 3rd one looks at me and says hello and looks a little abashed. It would be the work study student we just interviewed. I think he was a tad embarrassed. He said that these were the friends he was showing around and I said something inane about how this is a good place to show them. They randomly and suddenly cut across the street and as they did so, the 2 looked back at me. I waved and smiled because you know, I'm cheerful like that. I found it hysterical.

Myspace isn't completely useless - So today I was perusing myspace and I randomly decided to search for a person I used to know. My best friend from elementary school. She doesn't have the most uncommon first name (which is all I used since at one point in our years her last name changed for a short time to her dad's name but then I think it went back to her other name and then she got married.) . When I searched just the first name there were only 3 pages worth of people. And the very last person on page 3 was a person with her name, who looked vaguely like she would look now who was the right age and lives in the right place. Hence, I have a pretty good idea that she is who I think she is. I've put in a friend request. This could be kind of cool!

Little Manhatten - Thanks to Netflix, I am watching a movie called Little Manhatten. I'm only part way in but so far it is cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Little Manhattan on a plane, I think on the way to Turkey, and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Robin said...

Did you mean you saw three 'guys'?

Jodi said...

I'm still hoping to find old friends on MySpace. Just hasn't happened yet though.