Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Virtual Book Club?

I know many of ya'll are readers, as much as I am and I was thinking it might be fun or interesting to do an online bookclub. I've wanted to join a real life one in the past but I never feel like I like what they're reading (oh and their times usually suck). :) Peeved Michelle has graciously offered blog space on typepad so that we could put each book into a catagory (which blogger does not offer) that way it would be easier to search for past books. The way I would envision it working would be for anyone who wanted to join have a login to typepad and then they could post their thoughts or discussions about the book. We could come up with a list of books to read and do maybe 2 a month? I would have to come up with some timelines I suppose too because I would hate for someone to post a thought about the ending when half of us are still at the beginning. :) I think in order to make it interesting and perpetuating enough we'd need at least 5 to 7 people. Please comment if you're interested or you can email me at joanne3482 at yahoo dot com. :)

14 comments:

-d- said...

definetly interested. :)

Peeved Michelle said...

I'm in, of course.

Peeved Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
... said...

I might like to do this...we'll see how my school schedule is...but count me in for now...

Kate the Peon said...

I'm in, although slightly afraid, for it's become apparent you read far more (or perhaps just super faster) (yes, I said that) than I do.

Jodi said...

I'd love to, but I'm already in a book club and can barely get our one book per month read, so I don't think I can read 2 more! Darn! I'm a slow reader.

Blue Moon Girl said...

I came here on the link from The Peevery. I have always wanted to be a member of a book club, but they are always held when I am working. I would definitely be interested!

Anonymous said...

Interested! Keep me posted on details. PM has my real email.

Chatty said...

During the school year is hard, but I would definitely give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

I would love to participate! I have been looking for a book club as well, and now that I'm out of school I've tons more free time!

Rachel said...

I'd love to give it a shot!

MamaKaren said...

I'd like to join in. I need to start reading again, and I appreciate the idea of being able to discuss online, since I have such a hard time with committing to a regular time for meeting people face to face.

Blondie said...

Count me in!!

TerraT said...

I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I'm in, unless you start listing Margaret Atwood books. Then I will shun you.