Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I don't like it.

I was about to come here and post that I don't like Cameron Crowe movies. The 2 movies that I knew that were his I didn't especially like - the one with Kate Hudson about the rock and roll thingie whose name escapes me but might be... yeah I can't remember and now Elizabethtown. I will say this about the movie, there were 2 scenes that cracked my doodie up. One was the scene with Rusty's video and blowing up the house. The other was the burning bird during the memorial. Otherwise it was kind of rambling and I suppose that's the whole point. (Ok the end was a little cute.)

But then I went to IMDB to look him up and discovered he was also responsible for Say Anything and Jerry McGuire. Now both of those movies I LOVE so how do I resolve my dislike for Cameron Crowe movies with my love of those two movies? Then I thought I think too much and what difference does it make? :)

I will say, totally unrelated to Elizabethtown, I love the Gray Dawn South Park episode. How can I not, they spoof one of my favorite movies, Red Dawn. Awesome.

On Friday I'm facing one of my fears. You should all be supportive. :) I'm going to Stephen's party. I hate going places where I will have to socialize but I don't know anyone. However, it has come to my attention that I need more friends. Matthew left and I never replaced him and we spent a lot of time together. I noticed on Saturday that I might be a little lonely. So I am going to force the butterflies down and go someplace new. If you haven't heard from me in 3 days, call the police I'm sure that means the fear and butterflies have killed me and ferrets are feasting on my nose.

4 comments:

Zed said...

Go to the party--you'll be fine!

And don't worry, I'm very responsible. I'll send the police out looking for you after TWO days.

Peeved Michelle said...

Have fun at the party! Drink at home first!

Kate the Peon said...

I, too, hate socializing with strangers. You'll be fine, though.
Oh, and I thought of you the other day when I saw a bumper sticker that read: I heart my ferrets!

Stephen said...

You should go ;)