Monday, August 28, 2006

Sometimes things just buzz about in my head

Blogger still won't post my picture. :( And I just clicked on the channel that was advertising "Circle of Friends" because I love that movie ever so much. What I saw was very clearly not the "Circle of Friends" I was expecting as it was some random blonde woman whoring it up with bearded guy. Sigh... (I started this post an hour and a half ago)

Have any of y'all watched How I Met Your Mother? I was not a regular viewer but I'm finding it really funny. There's something about Doogie Howser as this total manwhore that cracks my shit up.

Tomorrow is our office picnic. The theme is Beach Blanket Bingo. (I came up with that.) I get to wear my denim capris and a t-shirt to work tomorrow and that makes me happy. We have cute little blow up beach balls and other beach themed toys to give away as party favors.

Random inappropriate question... why do lesbians name their kids weird names? I was walking past a couple and their son. His name Winter. Which then caused me to ponder about naming kids after seasons and who would do that? But then I remembered that I actually knew an Autumn and I currently know a Summer (although she spells it differently). So then I was thinking why are Summer and Autumn acceptable as names but not like Fall or Spring. (Well and in my head Winter, although I think it might be growing on me. He was an incredibly cute little kid).

My notboss came in with her new baby. He is 9 months old and very very cute. He is muy gordo. And his little baby fat rolls all over his body. He's trying to learn to crawl but having a hard time with it. (He is adopted from Guatemala and there they tend to hold infants for a lot longer than here in the states so they are slower to walk and crawl.) I was kind of fascinated by his mom and how she treated him. A couple of years ago, my boss went out on mat leave and had a baby. And she was a FREAK about the baby. She didn't like people touching his hands because then he put his hands in his mouth and germs. She wouldn't let him play on the floor of the office, she'd put a blanket down and then kind of herd him to keep him on the blanket. My notboss didn't do any of that. She was much more laid back. It was interesting the contrast. (Of course my former boss was a freak who drove me nuts so... any time in an interview if your would be boss makes a point of saying she's not a micromanager, she totally is.)

I think I no longer like my new haircut. It isn't a big deal and since I don't want to cut any more off I'll just leave it, but I was looking in the mirror today and I think it makes me look mushroom headed. Or it could have just been a bad hair day today. Sometimes it is hard to know. :) (Although I am finding that I'm constantly pulling my hair back out of my face. I hate my hair in my face. A mullet... seriously a mullet is tempting. :) )

Ooh ooh ooh, very exciting. I've been taking my water aerobics class for 5 weeks now. Yesterday while I was out with Big R, he commented that he noticed that I'm looking a little thinner. I'm thinking it is probably too soon to tell, but I was pleased nonetheless. (Especially because I have been thinking that my jeans are a bit too big but then I chalked it up to stretch denim. If I can squeeze my ass into the jeans that I bought that although are technically my size, they clearly will not fit my ass then I'll know it is true. I do not and will not own a scale.)

5 comments:

DD said...

Very true about the micromanager comment. Kinda like me saying, "I am not a bitch."

Winter is still a way better name than Bunny, Queen or Precious. Yes, Precious. Sadly true.

Chicken said...

Good job on the aerobics. They have it at my gym but I haven't checked it out yet.

... said...

Good job on the working out, I need to get more motivated in that department.

I want to adopt a baby from Guatamala...how do I do that???

I worked and played soccer with a girl named Spring in highschool. She and Harmony were friends. I don't think it has to do with them being lesbians as much as I think it has more to do with them trying to be original. We have friends here and their daughter's name is Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird and their son's name is Hunter..not sure where that one is from.

Blue Moon Girl said...

I think How I Met Your Mother is hilarious! I love that show! And he will forever be "Doogie Howser" to me too, I don't care if he is a total manwhore!

I want to know what is with people naming their kids weird names. All sorts of people. It's like they need to be original or something. I read an article about people who have a son named "Cerulean." WTF? That's a damn color people not a baby name.

And since it is now "tomorrow" I hope your office picnic was awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Love that show, and I too am impressed with Doogie's character. Do you have any thoughts on who the Mother will be?

I was like that about germs for exactly one. day. with my son. After that, he could crawl around and eat dirt. Actually it helps to build their immune systems.

I think some parents are highly paranoid as I am sure you know. My theory is that if something goes wrong, the Mother fears everyone will judge her and her Mothering abilities.