Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fuckit!

The good/bad balance of this evening is odd at best.

Good - I bought some groceries to make enchiladas tonight for dinner. This will allow me to have lunch the rest of the week.
Bad - I saw the bus go by as I was walking out of the store which prompted me to go to the ATM to get cash so that I could buy a RealChange* newspaper for $1.00 from the vendor.

Good - I got some cash to buy a RealChange newspaper.
Bad - I needed to break the $20 so I went back into QFC to do so. I figured the service counter would be quick so I got in line to buy a lottery ticket, and thus break my 20. Apparently of the 5 people ahead of me in line, 2 were doing transactions that required a person with a special key. That person was not at the register, she was at the U-Scan. Is it me or is that completely illogical? So I waited a lifetime for my lottery ticket. And when I got outside the RealChange guy was gone, so no newspaper for me. And I saw the bus go by so I missed another round.

Good - (relatively) I capitulated to the rock & twig freaks out there and bought some Zicam to fight my pending cold.
Bad - Have you ever had these things?? Really?? My choices were: nasal spray, nose swab, quick dissolve tablet or throat spray. I went with quick dissolve tablet. Because the other options were grosser. For future reference, the quick dissolve tablet is beyond nasty. I don't like to chew weird chalky things in my mouth like Tums. The Zicam quick dissolve tablets were not good and that texture. I finished at Bartell and went out to catch the bus... yes I missed yet another one. So I walked home. Despite the instructions not to. I also didn't make it to the library to return my overdue books. I have to go tomorrow now.

Also in the bad catagory, no convo lately with WC. I know I say it on a regular basis, but I really need to find a new one.

*RealChange newspapers support the homeless. They buy one for 35 cents then sell them for $1.00. (Ok I don't know how many they have to sell at a 65 cent profit to actually do any good, but whatever.) The articles are frequently about homelessness issues. I find it kind of interesting.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

You know why you keep missing busses lately, right? Because you bragged about how you had good bus luck.

Jen14221 said...

In Boston we had 'Spare Change'....and it was always the same issue. Always!