Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Observances

1 - Chocolate cake is good. You should eat it often.

2 - Men on the bus with long fingernails freak me out. Men in general with long fingernails freak me out. Especially when only like 1 fingernail is long. I saw a guy on the bus today with 2 extremely long (longer than my 'active' length) nails and I think his pinky was really long too. That's just weird.

3 - Matty P & I were in Starbucks partaking of a beverage. In case you care I took Peeved Michelle's friend Michael's advice and tried a pumpkin spice frapp, creme formula since I hate coffee. It is pretty good although a little heavy on the nutmeg. Totally not the point of the story though. There were 2 law students at the next table. They each had a laptop out and a cell phone sitting on the table. One had a rather large Coach bag sitting open on the floor. I think it was real, Matty thought perhaps it was a knock-off. Moot point. The other had a nice little case that looked like it was probably a wallet of some sort also by Coach. At one point in the evening both girls gathered up their coffees and stepped outside for a smoke break. Leaving everything out and open on the table just like that. Not only that, they didn't seem to be anywhere they could see all that crap. I could've just walked out with any of that stuff. Just ridiculous. Matty and I were both a little surprised about THAT level of trust in one's gear. Matt did point out that there are cameras all over the place, which is a fair thing to say. But I suspect an experienced thief could walk up to that table, drop his or her napkin and without even raising an eyebrow have reached into the open coach tote and snagged the wallet and the cameras would be barely the wiser. If the cameras are even hooked up to anything. I used to know someone who worked at one of the big chain stores and he told me that although there are domes all over the store, not all of them have cameras in them. It's just a ploy to make us think we're being watched. He said the public would actually be surprised at how few of them have the cameras. Not that I want to test the theory to find out, but for my kidnapping plans I find that good to know. :)

4 - I have a theory of relative naivete, with regards to sex. It goes something like this, if I meet a person and become friends with the person I will assume that their sexual experiences or whatever are similar to mine. It isn't something I'll say outloud or even actively think, it is more of a passive thing. But if I were to hear later that that person especially enjoyed something like having sex on the sledding hill behind Patty Center (in Alaska) in the snow, that would shock me because whilst I know that people have sex in public, it would never enter into my realm of consciousness that someone I know would have sex in public. Conversely, it would never dawn on me that anyone I know is a virgin, despite my current friendship with several. Matty & I talked about this today. He seems to think that I may have something there. If only some of my other theories would pan out. :)

4 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

The fingernail thing is a coke thing, isn't it?

Peeved Michelle said...

On the sledding hill? That's just ridiculous.

Unknown said...

I'm with PM: That is ridiculous.

Joanne said...

1 - Yes on the sledding hill. In the snow.

2 - It wasn't me! :)