Monday, February 20, 2006

Cookies, cookies everywhere and not a box for me.

Yesterday I picked up our Girl Scout Cookie order. I checked out a Honda Element. It is a funnish car to drive. I was so good, I walked over to the car wearing the boot like I'm supposed to. And then realized I forgot a 2nd shoe so I could drive. So I had to just drive barefooted. Not all my parents showed up so I had a lot of cookies left over to store until they pick them up. I was exhausted and had to get the flexcar back so I just loaded all the boxes into the main part of my work and left them until today. I went back this morning and luckily one of my moms who has a lot of cookies picked hers up. I have one more mom coming tomorrow after work time and hopefully my cookie mom will pick the rest up this week. That would be nice.

7 comments:

Mind Sprite said...

I gotta find me a Girl Scout and get my Thin Mint fix for the year. And some Tagalongs. And the chocolate short bread ones. Damn, now I'm craving sugar again.

I hear you about the shoe thing. I have to wear arch support insoles now, unless I wear my tennis shoes. I left them at the new house last night and I won't be back there until Wednesday. I'd love to go barefoot, but that makes it worse. No fun shoes for me!

Jodi said...

Oh no, it's that time again? Yikes. I'm a sucker for Thin Mints and Tagalongs (like the poster above). I like to put both in the freezer.

Joanne said...

My favorites, when I could eat them, were the Tagalongs. I also liked the Trefoils (plain shortbread) and I would take peaches and a little cinnamon and put 2 cookies in a bowl, the peaches & cinnamon and then heat for like 30 seconds. Top with ice cream or whipped cream. Yumma. There is a new flavor this year (much to my girls' chagrin) that is like a cinnamon & sugar cookie. They got rid of those gross chocolate chocolate chip ones.

Peeved Michelle said...

Why don't the girls want a new flavor? Tagalongs and Trefoils are also my faves. I ordered from someone here at work. Two boxes each of those and two of Thin Mints for the husband.

Joanne said...

It is because the cafe cookies replaced the double dutch (gross). They all LOVED those cookies, although they were poor sellers.

Mind Sprite said...

I have to try that cinammon sugar one. Are they kindof like snickerdoodles?

Joanne said...

Here's the descriptor from the girl scout site: Caramelized with brown sugar, this charmingly crisp cookie will delight even cookie connoisseurs. With a hint of cinnamon spice it is perfect with your favorite warm beverage.