Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Why yes I AM stubborn, why do you ask...

So yesterday picked up the boot and was given some vague instructions about it. I should wear it if I'm going to walk long distances. I have chosen to reinterpret that phrase as a permission to walk long distances provided I wear the boot. So this morning I set out on my way to work. WALKING! I haven't walked to work in months. I prefer to walk because I'm free of the time constraints the bus requires. I have to say, the boot really helped. I can't believe how much a difference it made. Usually when I walk the pain starts up my heel, through my calf and eventually a bunch settles in my lower back. With the exception of the 2 rubbing spots on my foot (which I have purchased moleskin for and apparently will put another layer) I was completely pain free while walking to work this morning. PAIN FREE. This was very exciting and opens a world of possibilities for the return of the Sunday Adventure! (Although not this Sunday as I will be picking up boxes and boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookies! :)

5 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Yay! Cookies.

Unknown said...

You got the boot. You love the boot.

I told you so.

Mind Sprite said...

Yay for the boot and walking to work! Yay!!!!

Jodi said...

Yay for the boot!

I just noticed lots of "yay's" in your comments today!

Mind Sprite said...

Mmmm, girl scout cookies! I gotta find me a couple a the grocery store so I can get my Thin Mint fix for the year.