Monday, February 20, 2006

Cupcakes

Dammit. Setting the kitchen timer only works if you actually turn it on. I now have slightly cajun cupcakes. I'm sure once I slather on chocolate frosting they'll be fine. :D

I just frosted the cupcakes with the most divine dark chocolate frosting. (The recipe for Stephen who always asks me... 1/2 cup butter, 2/3 cup cocoa (I used dark cocoa), 3 cups powdered sugar, 1/3 cup milk, and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Mix the cocoa & melted butter together first. Then alternating mix in the powdered sugar and milk. At the end put in the vanilla.)

I'm eating pasta for dinner. I bought this fancypants pasta (more expensive by far than my usual quinoa pasta) that is supposed to be 'just like the real thing.' And 'so good your non-celiac friends won't know the difference.' Now Michelle & Matty & Kate will all say that that is rarely ever true. There's always this texture or taste that is just slightly off. (Or in some cases, completely off.) So I'm always tentative about anything that is just like the real thing. I will say this new fancypants pasta rather different than the quinoa that I usually eat. I don't know that I'd go so far as to say it is just like the real thing, but it is good. That's always exciting to me.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oooh, what brand is it? I have a friend with Celiacs...