Thursday, February 23, 2006

It was bound to happen sooner or later

Warning... this post may contain more information on my panties than you need...


This morning I got out of the shower at the gym at about 7:40. I went into the locker room to change. Sweater, check. Skirt, check. Tights, check. Bra, check. Shoes, check. But wait, that's the bottom of the bag. That's right... no panties. Ok, not my favorite thing ever but I can put on the tights with no panties. Life goes on. Except... as I struggle to get into them... these aren't tights. They're black pantyhose. Who in the hell owns black pantyhose? Me apparently. So I struggle into them. And I mean STRUGGLE. Clearly these were from a time when I was a size or 2 smaller than I currently am. And now they're killing me. But I head to work. (I know you are thinking why doesn't she just go home and change? It is an hour for me to do that. If I walked it is 20 min minimum and if I bussed it would be wait for the bus 5 min ride.. home & change... wait for the bus 5 min ride.) Once the bookstore opens I pop in to pick up a pair of tights or at least a pair of pantyhose that isn't black. I'm cornered by my least favorite bookstore employee and now have to have a long convo about crap I don't care about and answer questions my boss has already answered for her once. And of course the bookstore only has pantyhose for girls who are this big... :) I did find a fatchick sized pair which I am now wearing. But at lunch I am soooo going home to put on panties and proper tights.

6 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Poor panties, left behind like nobody loves them.

Kate the Peon said...

About the only kind of pantyhose I wear are black ones. What's wrong with black pantyhose???

Mind Sprite said...

I wear black panyhose too. But I much prefer tights. They're so much less itchy and hold in the dimples better.

Jodi said...

No pantyhose or tights for me, thank you. But, panties, yes.

Unknown said...

I agree with Jodi.

... said...

If I want to wear a skirt in the winter, then I'll wear tights but if it is nice out, then I am bare legged. I HATE pantyhose, and will not wear them.

I do like panties though, can't do commando even at night.