Sunday, February 05, 2006

The return of the Sunday Adventure!

Today when I was sitting on the sofa, I noticed how sunny and glorious it looked outside. I had to get up off the sofa and go and celebrate the return of the sun! After looking at the different park options on the Seattle Parks website, I decided to head to Discovery Park. That was such a good idea for me! It was so rejuvinating. I didn't hike the entire loop trail (which is 2.8 miles) but I walked most of it.
I liked this little teeny path through the tree. Like something a fairy would use. :)

I think when the leaves are all on these trees this is probably a perfect little secluded grotto like I love. The potential is definitely there.

Just a crane in a field, but on the other side of the field was another crane. I don't know anything about cranes, but I wondered if there was a little flirting going on? The other thing (that I didn't take a picture of) was that these 2 guys were standing there looking at the crane. They were rather butch looking, I initially thought they were just standing next to each other, then I noticed the hands. They were holding hands. It was so cute.

This cute little chapel was on the bluff. I don't know if it was still in use, but I liked its colors and how cute it looked.

This sign made me laugh.

This cute little old couple (which you can't see the other person is a guy) was sitting on the log watching the water. I think it would be nice to have someone to sit on a log with on a cold February afternoon.

I liked the shape of this tree overlooking the water. If you look carefully, you can just see some Day of the Dead banners hanging in the tree. I don't know why they are there or how they got there but there they were.

The sky was so clear today that I could see Mt. Rainier from the bluff. It looked so cool like it was floating in the sky. It made me think of Bob Ross' the painter, the mountain just looked like it was painted on the background.

I liked the dark water/sunlight combo.

5 comments:

... said...

Cool pics Joanne...glad you had a good day in the sun even if it was a bit cool.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. It's great that you got out and enjoyed the weather. It was a beautiful day, I was in such a good mood all day! Even if I did only experience the sun mostly through the windows. Seeing Mt. Rainier today was pretty awesome.

Chicken said...

I'm so jealous. I'll have to check out that park the next time I'm up there.

Jodi said...

Great photos, Joanne!

Mind Sprite said...

Beautiful photos, Joanne. Isn't the sunny weather delightful? It would be even better if we weren't stuck at work all day!