Sunday, February 12, 2006

What is it with me & potheads? Do I give off a pheromone only they can smell and thus must come hit on me? Does something on my back scream please rub your potheaded hands on me?

Friday's Pothead Experience - I went out kind of late and joined Big R at a gay bar. We sat down at the bar and Big R went to the bathroom leaving me alone. The guy on my other side introduced himself and asked for my name. He chatted with me telling me I was really pretty and asked if I was waiting on someone. All the while rubbing my back. I told him I was waiting for my boyfriend who just went to the bathroom. He gave me one of those "hey I tried" looks and just chatted some more with me. Big R returned and I turned back to him to chat. When Big R went to get a 2nd (or 3rd I'm not sure) drink, the guy tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to him. I heard him say something about a bull and said "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're asking me?" Apparently what he said was smoke a bowl, pot. I declined and he said there was nothing wrong with smoking pot he's been doing it for 50 years... and that the offer still stands if I wanted it. Luckily Big R returned and I didn't have to chat with old man pothead.

Tonight's Pothead Experience - Isa and I went to listen to some live music. We had a good time. During the last band I felt a tap in the middle of my back. I was hoping it was this one guy, heh, who am I kidding. My life never works that way... It was this shortish guy who REEKED of pot. He told me I was beautiful, multiple times and that he was glad he came over to see me and he gave me his number. The whole while he's rubbing my back. The smell was overwhelming. He gave me his card and asked for my number. I tried to get out of it claiming to have no pen or paper, of course he did. So I fake numbered him. It is such a rite of passage, fake numbering someone. I've never done it before. :) Finally he left and I felt briefly nauseus. We left shortly after that. I did look cute in a purple tank top and black jacket. :)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Ew!

Unknown said...

The first one was maybe 100 years old, and the second reeked of pot, but perhaps you're missing out on a potential dating bonanza with potheads. Perhaps there's a middle ground you can identify that would be not too much pot for you, but still would make your future man-friend susceptible to your pot-friendly pheremones?

Joanne said...

Since I follow all of Michelle's rules, I'm fairly certain one of her rules would be NO POTHEADS! Oh who am I kidding, one of my rules is NO POTHEADS! I'm not pot-friendly. I turn a blind eye when the 2 people I know who do pot recreationally periodically do it, but I am not with them when they do it and I would never be with them when they were doing it. And yes, I'm awfully definite about it.

Peeved Michelle said...

1. Even I have never fake numbered someone. I just don't give out my number to people I don't want to have it.
2. No potheads.