Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Scaredy Cat, Scaredy Cat

I have finally discovered that the hospice behind me is closed down. I noticed something was off when I discovered that the parking lot was closed off but I figured that the employees were parking somewhere else. Then one day I noticed the bottom floor windows are boarded over. Now here's the thing I've recently noticed that has me a little scared. There are some lights lit. It may have been like that for awhile and I just wasn't aware because I didn't realize the hospice was closing down, but now I make a habit of checking each night to see if different lights are lit than usual. You know, it was a hospice... Who knows what kinds of ghosts are wandering around in there. (This is a true sign that I watch too much Supernatural on the WB.)

As of today I am now the wearer of a boot. Well only when I'm walking a lot. I don't have to wear it around the office or around my house. I did walk home today and discovered that it is difficult to get on and off the bus, it does make walking in general a bit easier. I think it is the significantly curved bottom. (And yes, Matthew, you told me so. Happy?) I think I might decorate it with some of my fabric paints. A few daisies might brighten it up a little. :) Also, the boot guy was kind of pissy. At first I felt bad about bothering him. And then it dawned on me, this is his motherfucking job! This is what Group Health pays him the big bucks to do. I am not inconveniencing him. Sometimes I'm silly.

This Valentine's day was not great but not bad either, so I guess technically that makes it great. :) Nothing exciting happened but at the same time nothing bad happened so I think that makes it a perfectly balanced day. Ooh I did get a cool Valentine's day present from Michelley and 2 cool Valentines from my coworkers and that's more Valentines than I received last year. Maybe next year I'll get a Valentine from the cute boy in the bed next to me. (A girl can dream can't she?) :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I'd be more likely to think that the lights were the result of workmen or squatters.

Unknown said...

My vote is workmen, but watch out for squatters.