Saturday, March 20, 2004

Brewfest

Hey folks,

I am home from pouring beer at the brew fest and 3 6oz glasses of cider later. :) I am tired. It takes a lot out of me to be so damn chipper to people and fun. I may go to bed early. I was correct brewfest is a haven for str8boys. Unfortunately it also seemed to be a haven for MARRIED str8 boys. :) I did see quite a few that were fun. I was originally assigned to a specific brewery, but was pulled from there before the doors open because this other brewery didn't have any one and the brewery (Snipes not that it matters) had a rep from Snipes there. I was sent to Elysian which is actually a local brewery. Had I stayed at Snipes, I could've spent the afternoon flirting with a relatively attractive (keep in mind I have kind of odd taste and I admit that) brewer... Instead I got yelled at by the Elysian brewery guy because his taps were pouring like crap and giving tons of foam so we put the beer in pitchers and he didn't like that and I didn't know anything about his beers and got some things confused, not that it mattered that much because really there wasn't that much for me to talk about blah blah blah. :) Phew runon... After I was done, they gave me 1 little beer cup and 6 coupons. I tried one hard cider vendor and discovered that it was too beery... prolly a bad move on my part. Then I hit the Wyder's cider booth. That was some good stuff. 2 coupons for 6 oz... I had a pear and an apple cider. I need to check that out in the future. I think RPlace has it on tap. :) As I was heading home, I was going to use my return ticket and catch the monorail, however the monorail apparently broke down today so instead I caught the bus. I can't imagine what it would've been like to be stuck on that thing when it stopped. Walked through the convention center got some tacos. Ate them. Broke into v's apartment (hi V) so I could check my emails... Here's today's horrorscope from ucomics... PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Spend time with people who will lift your spirits and build up your confidence. You will probably meet someone very special who will influence the rest of your life. 3 stars. Damn, why couldn't I have read this BEFORE I was at the brewfest so I would be smart enough to stick around. (OK ok I know I know horrorscopes are really loads of crap blah blah blah but since I still throw coins into practically every fountain I see and I throw salt over my shoulder, I'm a little superstitious) Random side note, I just ran spellcheck on this to see how to spell superstitious and damn spellchecker didn't like a bunch of my words. :) Tah tah kiddos. behave yourselves!

No comments: