Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Well I'm Back

To work that is... so I have web access, at least while here... and V has thus far been generous about letting me read my email up at his place too so it won't be too bad... oh wait some of you faithful readers (ok all 4 of you) are probably wondering what I'm rambling about. In a typical twist of crappyass joanne luck, beloved computer died on Sunday night/Monday morning. Now, for a small amount of time I was positive that it was even more my crappy luck since my warranty expired March 9th. In a freak twist of potentially good luck, no, my warranty was not expired. My 3 year extended warranty was on top of the original manufacturer's warranty of 1 year. (wow how bitter and cynical I am in my OLD age) Anyway, mailed beloved Jakob back to warranty holder on Tuesday. They'll get it by Friday... repair and turn around time... looking at AT LEAST 2 weeks... Bleh. Oh yeah and it cost me about 80 bucks to send it back to warranty people, BUT I know they will fix it correctly (ok I'm laughing here since I have had such issues with warranty people), and they may be able to fix the keys that are broken on my keyboard! And potentially it could've only been 60 bucks to fix, but potentially it could've been A LOT more and i nullify the warranty if i go to someone else so if something even worse happens before March 2005, i'm better off.

So I get back to work and am anticipating work for me to do. Nope. Boss did it all while I was gone. Apparently it has been a SLOW 3 days.

The past couple of weeks I have been having a really hard time at the gym. I've been tired and not wanting to go and just having a difficult time on the machine. Last week I don't think I broke 500 calories let alone my 600 calories burned. One would think that being gone from the gym for a week would've been bad for me (I did NOT step on a scale after weekend of eating tons of crap food), but totally had no problems. Didn't feel like I was going to die 10 min after I got on the machine... Hit 600 calories (yippee). Managed to keep my speed up to 148 - 150ish... I am very pleased.

No comments: