Sunday, March 07, 2004

Theme song & Groceries

So I've decided that my new theme song is Please let me get what I want by the Smiths. I was listening to it today and realized it is SOO my song. "So for once in my life let me get what I want, lord knows it would be the first time."

I seem to be in a little bit of a darker mood than usual. Could it be 30 creeping up on me? Oh yes, apparently I'm about to turn 30. Let the cat acquisition begin. :) I'll get over it. Michelle will come visit. We will have fun and I will snap out of this self pity place.

On that same vein, have you ever felt like no matter what grocery line you get into, it is the WRONG one?! I got into the line at QFC today. Only 1 person ahead of me, this should not have been difficult. First the guy offered up his phone number in place of his QFC card. He apparently is too dumb to know his own phone number because it wasn't coming up in the little machine. (Now thatI think about it, I remember when I used to refuse to get those stupid cards, but what's a girl to do? succumb I say). Anyway back to man ahead of me. He pulls out a card from his wallet. Why couldn't he have just done that to begin with? He had the wallet out for his debit card anyway. Now we get to the debit card... he scans it and puts in the wrong pin. He tries again and again. He asks the guy with him what his pin is. No dice, the other guy doesn't know either. Now did you know if you try your card 5 times and use the wrong pin each time, your card deactivates itself? Yes it does. So now the guy has to find another method of getting money for his groceries. UGH.. AND now we have to wait while little grocery checker calls someone to override and save the sale but not put in the pay part. Seriously... why me?!

No comments: