Thursday, March 11, 2004

No title just sad

So I read Wil Wheaton's weblog today and it made me cry. He and his wife have a friend with Leukemia. They have been posting about her for a short time now and she just went through a stem cell transplant (her own not fetus cells... more on this tirade in a moment). She is now totally fine. Cancer free... she still has issues from the radiation but they have taken her off a lot of meds and she has been sent home. For some reason as I read her post, I kept thinking that she was going to say Kris (her friend) had passed by the end. Well, she hadn't. For some reason I felt a mixture of relief and sadness. I'm glad their friend is doing well. I don't know these people, never will, but it makes me happy to know that some people do beat it. I guess it made me sad too because I look at my sister and wonder what made Kris different. Okay I know what made her different, her outlook, her support system, her willingness to do what the doctor's told her. One can't play the maybe things would've been different if... game. It is too much trouble.

Ok on to my rant about stem cells. Republicans stay out of my body! that is all.

No comments: