Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Baby names redux

Michelle & I are reading this article on MSN about what atrocities celebraties have foisted upon their offspring and it got me thinking about baby names. Poor Jane Pauley's TWINS are Rachel & Ross. They were born long before Friends mind you, but you know they must get tortured on a regular basis for that. And that one isn't really her fault. Those were pretty normal names. But let's look at a few others... Corey Feldman's son is named Zen. Naked chef named his daughters: Poppy Honey and Daisy Boo. Those are stripper names if I've ever heard them. U2 guitar guy The Edge apparently wants his kid to fly high in the navy with the name Blue Angel. (I think we used to watch those at airshows). Then of course we have the apparently evil Rob Morrow who named his child Tu. Tu Morrow... Infamously is Shannyn Sossaman's child... Audio Science. And finally for a man who truly hates his son... Speck Wildhorse courtesy of John Cougar Mellencamp. Speck. Who does that to a boy child? Really...

To that end, my first born child will be named qwasa after my little sister's imaginary friend. and I am not going to capitalize it. It will just be qwasa. It may just be qwasa with no last name too... like Cher. I'll have to think on that one. When we were growing up qwasa had a sister named Sandal and they lived in the mountains. I think that's all we ever really learned about qwasa. Although I seem to remember a family member named boot. Luckily few read this or my sister may never forgive me for sharing this little tale. Although there were always the stories about her biting that were much much worse.

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Hey! My comment about Raul disappeared.

... said...

I have a friend who's son's name is John Connor (which I think is cute) but I cringe everytime I hear someone ask "isn't that the name of the boy from Terminator?". They didn't plan it that way, they each liked one name and couldn't decide so he got both and they use both.

P'nut said...

Isn't a 'blue angel' what happens when you light a fart on fire?