Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Interesting people...

I work with some of the most fascinating people. I say this because I just received a note from a student requesting that I give the student 2 pieces of information from the benefits office. Now both things the student could've just asked for without a written request. Not only was the request hand written... it was on letterhead and written calligraphy. I would say this guy has too much time on his hands, but I know that he really writes like that. I'm vaguely fascinated by this.

Also, last week I go to tell a transfer student that she would be getting a scholarship through one of our tuition programs. It was pretty exciting. I never get to tell people good things. :) And we almost never give transfer students tuition scholarships. But her parents are so religious that they wouldn't let her leave for her first year of college and they really aren't supporting this leave either, but it is happening anyway. Good for her.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Oh, good. I am glad it worked out for that girl. I hope she has an awesome time away from her overly strict parents.