Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I shall call her Pwincess

Today my cookie mom brought in the prizes the girls won from selling cookies. As you may or may not recall, I have a fundamental problem with incentives for selling. I could say that it isn't like I'm a communist, but yeah I kind of am. That whole linked post discusses why I hate sales incentives for children. This year, we did a few things differently than last year. We added up all the cookies sold at the site sales and then alloted the girls more cookie sales based on how many were sold during their shift. Also, I told the moms that any kids who were close to a prize but needed a few more cookies to get there could take mine, since I too got credit for selling. Somehow I still ended up selling plenty of cookies and am now the hypothetically proud owner of a pink stuffed cat. Sigh. Also somewhere in my back pack is a small pink radio and headphones, suitable for well listening to I guess. :) And 2 patches. I'm going to end up being one of those Girl Scout leaders you see (well no one really sees these people becuase they only wear their shirts to Girl Scout events, not like to the Wal-Mart) wearing a bunch of patches sewn on the back of a chambray shirt. I'm pretty sure I have 1 or 2 in the closet I could do this to. :)

Anyway, here's Pwincess happily daydreaming on my bed. Notice the red sheets (vavavoom) and green walls. I painted the walls in a fit of nesting. They aren't finished and actually there is no paint below the mattress area because you can't see it. :) There's not enough room in the bedroom to move the bed, ever.

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Is Pwincess a lesbian? I think the ferret is going to like her.

... said...

You could wear your shirt on Survivor like that one Boy Scout lady did...

Kate the Peon said...

Nice pearl necklace, Pwincess.