Sunday, May 22, 2005

It's something unpredictible

but in the end is right... I hope you had the time of your life.

It's a beautiful day outside and I'm trying to decide if I want to do a Sunday adventure or not. I don't have one planned, but that doesn't mean too much. We've had the crappiest weather lately. Pouring then stopping then pouring then stopping...

Yesterday I volunteered at the student outdoor concert. They do it every year and it is an all afternoon/evening festival. It poured. I spent about 3 hours sitting out in the cold hypothetically checking ID's for the beer garden. We didn't have that many kids. Big surprise. About halfway through the evening I had to go into my office and fetch another sweater. So that meant: black t-shirt, blue volunteer t-shirt, white cardigan, gray shapeless sweatshirt that I love. I was Pilsbury Dough Girl. But it was vaguely entertaining, and I think I may do it again next year.

Yesterday I also spent most of the day in pajamas, on the sofa, watching TV and playing a computer game. Sigh. What a waste of a day, but it was rainy and chilly and I've been so tired lately that it was nice to do nothing.

Now I shall shower, do dishes, bake chocolate chip muffins and head to the great outdoors for a Sunday adventure. I may have pictures. :)

Oh I forgot, on Thursday night I went to a training for the Northwest Folklife Festival. That really is the place for dirty hippies! There was great discussion of the location of the drumming circle compared to last year's location and on and on. High drama over drumming circle, folks. Seriously. Hippies.

No comments: