Thursday, January 19, 2006

Another new author for me!

Yay! While in the library recently, I happened across another new author for me to read. I picked up two of Katie Fforde's books (Similar to how I couldn't find Jasper Fforde's books in my public library, for some reason I couldn't find any of Katie's books in Amazon US so this link is to Amazon UK.) I picked up Artistic License and Paradise Fields. I really liked them both and look forward to reading more of them from my library. Luckily she's been writing for awhile so I will have a lot of books to chose from. (I hate it when I pick up a novel and love it and look for more to discover this was the author's first novel so I have forever to wait for another one.) She writes essentially chick lit, which I adore. They're fairly quick reads but for both books I've found myself utterly engrossed. I think I also like the fact that the main characters in both were 'quirky.' :)

2 comments:

Mind Sprite said...

Oh, goodie! More good book recommendations. Of course, I won't live long enough to read all the books on my "To Read" list, but I sure can try!

Mind Sprite said...

Oh, happy day! Our library has several of Katie's books on tape, which I DO have time to listen to! One of them is in transit as we speek. Thanks Joanne!