Monday, January 16, 2006

Portland Pics #1

Our room at the Days Inn in Portland.


Matthew likes this sign for some reason. I think it is kind of funny. Also we liked the fact that it is right next to a Flexcar. There were Flexcar's available all over the place. Even more than I'm used to seeing in Seattle.

Matthew finds this bar sign disturbing. I can see that although it is also kind of funny. The place that I didn't take a picture of but that amused me was Club Portland. Apparently it is a sex club for the gays, the sister club to Club Seattle. I was rather alarmed by the sign advertising that young guys (18 - 25) got to only pay $5.00 to get in and $5.00 to get a locker. That's kind of creepy.

The entrance to the Chinese Garden.

Matty being contemplative on the Moon Viewing Pavillion. I've always rather liked Moon Viewing Pavillions.

Also at the Chinese Garden. Off to one side on the right is a little enclosed place that is kind of hidden and cute. I like little hidden and cute areas.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Okay, I was confused by the title "Portland Pics #2" before!

Kate the Peon said...

I like your explanations of why you like things.

Unknown said...

Are those twin beds?! I didn't know hotels had twin beds. I've only ever seen doubles and kings.

Sounds like you had a great time in Portland!